The purpose of the Hoarders Helping Hoarders group is to provide mutual peer support. In other words it is the help and support that people with lived experience of Hoarding and associated mental illnesses, are able to give to one another.
The groups meet every two weeks and members discuss personal developments, acquiring and hoarding behaviour, the state of their mental health and make suggestions when issues are raised by other peers.
The peer groups aim to achieve the following:
- Bring people together who suffer with hoarding disorder
- Reduce stigma around hoarding
- Provide support and advice to hoarders and their families
- Provide advice to the wider community including professionals
- Reduce isolation
- Provide life skill classes and training
- Relapse prevention
- To make new friends who share a common bond
Please see individual regions for more information.